【CityU請人】Part-time Research Assistant (2 posts)(Department of English)
Gesture and Embodied Interaction in Collaborative Learning: A Multimodal Corpus Study
This project examines the role of gesture in student group learning in a multimodal corpus. The Multimodal Corpus of Chinese Academic Written and Spoken English (MuCAWSE) contains approximately 24 hours of authentic student group work activities filmed in English language classrooms at a British university in Mainland China. Sequences of learning will be identified and operationalised through the concept of Language Related Episodes (LREs), which provide an analytical unit for examining the forms and functions of gesture and the role of embodied interaction in collaborative learning.
– Working with video data from the Multimodal Corpus of Chinese Academic Written and Spoken English;
– Data identification, selection, and preparation;
– English language transcription and coding; and
– Ongoing work related to the research project.
The appointment will be for 2.5 months commencing from 2 March 2020.
– A good honours degree/Diploma, or equivalent professional qualifications
– Experience with spoken language data transcription and multimodal corpus work is highly desirable
– A high level of proficiency in English (knowledge of Chinese is also desirable)
Submit an online application at http://jobs.cityu.edu.hk
28 Dec 2019
- 滿足不同經濟需要：交學費、交Hall Fee、還卡數、買電腦、學車、創業
- 月平息一律低至 0.84%*