The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Communications team, who is charged with building the image and reputation of The Walt Disney Company in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Assist on delivering Company communications agenda in the local media community to enhance Disney’s corporate reputation and build knowledge of the business.
- Coordinating the communications of Disney’s various lines of business.
- Areas of support will include, but not be limited to external communications, internal communications, citizenship, branding, crisis communications and administrative support.
- Potential projects and support activities may include:
- Assist in updating the communications calendar and implementation of communications plan
- External communications – News monitoring/ assist in drafting / translating / proof reading press releases and other external materials; maintain editorial calendars; keep track of speaking opportunities
- Internal communications – Assist in drafting internal memos and organizing cast events
- B2B Newsletter – Assist in content writing, editing, image editing, layout, HTML editing
- Infographics – Propose concept, content, design, layout
- Research – Assist in updating media database; research influencers/bloggers across different platforms to leverage for social and traditional media campaigns
- Citizenship – Work with internal teams and third party agencies to implement the Company’s citizenship initiatives
- Works on additional special projects as assigned
- Provide administrative support to the team
Qualifications / other skills
- Currently an undergraduate 3rd/4th year student enrolled in a local university
- Translation or Communications major preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and on a stand-alone basis required
- Creative / Takes Initiative / Innovative / Resourceful
- Committed to excellence
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills
- Able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Ability to interact confidently with senior executives and media
- Matrix organization that requires strong internal communications skills to work with Asian leadership team
Other Requisites, Languages
- Native Cantonese language ability (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English and some Mandarin an advantage
- PC skills(general) Powerpoint, keynote and Photoshop essential
- Video editing skill preferred